At PEP we understand that when school leaders are flourishing, they have greater capacity to enable others to flourish.
Developing and modelling intrapersonal and interpersonal skills and values in action provides a foundation for positive education leadership.
Positive education skills and values are worth investing in – they act as a living testament to the valuing of each child and staff member.
Positive education skills and values empower individuals as members of a school community and help to articulate a vision for leading, using positive education.
What difference can positive education and PEP make?
- Staff and students can feel connected to their workplace and to school
- Staff and students have lower rates of absenteeism
- Staff and students feel valued and known
- Staff and students feel listened to
- Staff and students are known for their strengths
- Staff and students can tackle challenging issues and setbacks
PEP encourages schools to adopt a school-wide approach (partnerships, policy and learning) to positive education, inclusive of approaches such as writing poetry and the use of other expressive forms e.g. creative writing, art making and drama.
On a personal level school leaders need to be sustained to meet the challenges that they face on a daily basis. PEP can also be used to support the skill development of school leaders.